Sunday 22 April 2012

'Sir' Stephen Fry... Absolute legend.

Today, I've spent most of my time deleting all the big 700mb+ files of music dvds, full live sets, documentaries etc. off my computer, and replacing them with loads of 1kb links to them (mostly on Youtube), so I can fill that space with all manner of other films, TV series, music related stuff, until I can afford to get more 1tb sized harddrives. It's insane now how many things you can find now on the net IN FULL, now that they've relinquished the 10 minute upload limit on Youtube, and (despite a load of file sharing sites going down and other people getting in trouble) despite the fact that copyright rules seem to be more lax when it relates to streaming stuff.

In the hunt for things I already knew about, I found loads of things I didn't know about, and I'm currently listening to a load of Stephen Fry interviews. The man is a true legend, and if you don't like him or appreciate things that he is saying, then you are wrong, it's as simple as that.




I could go on a bit of a ramble now about loads of things he's been involved with. On the surface he is a TV entertainer but there's so much more to it than that. If you don't believe me, or think my claim that he should have the title of 'Sir' before his name is a little far-fetched, then here are a few links to things you should watch...

32 minute interview called 'All About I'
20 minute interview on QTV
50 Not Out
Secret Life of a Manic Depressive part 1
Secret Life of a Manic Depressive part 2

and if all THAT isn't enough, there are all 6 episodes of his 'In America' series!
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6

About 10 hours of watching, and it originally took me about 3 minutes to find the entire lot!

The internet is a miraculous place.
How anyone has an excuse to be uninformed, stupid or bored in this world anymore, it's beyond me.

Let's keep it going... have a read of everything Stephen Fry has been involved with on wikipedia.
Read this and THEN somehow try and tell me that the man shouldn't be given a knighthood.



Finally, to show you that the internet still also has a ridiculous sense of humour, and isn't the best thing in the world for learning about pretty much everything, here is an animation of a cat wearing socks slipping across and off a table... Yes, really!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment